As for the Indian corporate work force, Ramakrishnan gives them “eight on a scale of 10″.
Indian professionals have a strong foundation, skill set and are competitive. They only need a bit of a polish. To polish them, I would like to show them personal compass having 7 tools. CEOs are advised to use these tools at fullest to shape out future.
The vanilla seven (qualities) that make a successful corporate leader
1) No elevator to the top.
2) Good listeners make terrific leaders.
3) You can make somebody do something that they originally did not want to do, but does it happily in the end.
4) Ability to decide quickly – based on gut and analysis – and the spunk to take tough decisions in downturn environment.
5) One must have the ability to turn around and fire his best friend.
6) Thinking about experiences, thinking about leadership.
7) Respect the individual/boss, don’t discuss him in his absence.