Computer giant Hewlett-Packard printed out these rules in the year 1999 in their annual report. Its workplace is described as a garage in the honour of Palo Alto garage in which the company’s founders, Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard, created their first product.
Following are the Rules :
- Believe you can change the world.
- Work Quickly. Keep the tools unlocked and work whenever.
- Share- tools, ideas, Trust your colleagues.
- No politics, No bureaucracy (These are ridiculous in garage)
- The customer defines a job well done.
- Radical ideas are not bad ideas.
- Invent different ways of thinking.
- Make a contribution every day. If it doesn’t contribute, it doesn’t leave the garage.
- Believe that together we can do anything.
From these rules we can create culture. I think it is a decent attempt by a promoter of the business. We have to lead our organisation and ourselves to global standards.